La Teatrista

guerillera de la cultura

Monday, January 30, 2006

suprises

My partner in crime from the Rose calls me for a drink. A quiet night at the wreck might be a nice end to a solid weekend of box office managing madness and reverie.

To my surprise there was a kickin reggae-latin-ska band Liquid Cheese . A savvy group from my home town of El Paso. Man these guys are a good party. There were maybe thirty people at the Wreck, but you know a good band when numbers don't matter them. Showmanship and class with grooves that reminded me of where I came from.

Another surprise that wasn't as nice this weekend...

Late, drizzly Fri night I come home and before I reached my stairs that are tucked into an alley, the homeless couple, that I had previously mentioned, stops me again with the same story: need gas money or help. Now they know where I live. Now I really wonder what there story is. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep. Should I feel that paranoid?

By the way, Teatro de la Rosa's CASA RIO runs for one more weekend at the old Rose Marine Theater. Local playwright, great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home